Crackling noise from floodlight

Have just installed floodlight today and firstly noticed a crackling noise coming from it. Checked signal strength which seems to be fine.
Had rebooted it twice and still happening! Can anyone help please? Will have to disconnect it as its so noisy ??‍♀️

1 Like

Hey @sophiebuckers! You’ve certainly taken all the right steps to resolve this concern. If this crackling is coming from the Cam speaker during live view, please ensure your wifi signal strength is optimal and your phone connection as well. Also, disabling Bluetooth, VPN, hotspots, and 3rd party apps on your mobile device might help audio performance when live streaming.

If this sound is being heard constantly and is not just during live streaming, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting.

It’s heat related not WiFi signal Strength. I troubleshooted mine, reset it , change the Wi-Fi location turn it off turn and found out it was associated with the location on the house adjacent to the sun. When the sun was intense the crackling noise started if I turned it off and waited for the sun to set the camera was fine. Ring never extreme tested there hardware! it’s a fault they need to fix ASAP. Somethings bridging when it’s too hot out . I have a black camera and when the sun is very intense ( south side , no trees ) it causes the speaker to turn on and crackling meaning something is expanding not switching properly in the hardware…

1 Like

I don’t believe it is heat-related. Mine is doing the same thing. It sounds like someone is popping popcorn on the side of my house. The camera doesn’t get direct sun and it is happening at night. I also hear an electrical “zzzd” sound every so often so I’m not sure what is going on. I reset it twice and changed the wifi signal. Still happening.

@user5765mj. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this concern with you, as your safety is a top priority. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I think you might be right. Mine is crackling today. I think it’s the combination of wind and cold weather. It’s 9° F

Hi neighbors. If you hear a crackling or static noise coming from your Floodlight Cam, please make sure to try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check the RSSI on the Device Health page to ensure your Floodlight Cam is receiving a strong and stable wifi connection. Other electronic devices using wifi may be causing interference depending on how close they are to the Floodlight Cam.
  • If you’re noticing this sound during the Live View, disable the following: Bluetooth, any VPNs you have active, any hotspots running on your mobile device. Check to see if this resolves the crackling or static.
  • Verify that the Floodlight Cam is properly and securely installed by verifying the instructions here. If you aren’t comfortable looking at the wiring, please consult a qualified electrician to help you safely do so.
  • You can fully reset your Floodlight Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is complete, set the Floodlight Cam back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If these suggestions aren’t helpful and you continue to experience a crackling or static noise on your Floodlight Cam, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have had the same issues . Wifi is good. Unplugged and reset ring . Nothing worked . Weather is cold and windy . But, that shouldn’t be a factor . The idea off a security system means it should with stand all kinds of weather conditions

Have you caulked around your cams? I hear pros and cons. Thought I’d try that as a possible fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.