Conversation Practically not possible

I have a problem with ring doorbell wired. When someone calls on my app i android I see him but somehow the conversation is hopeless, single words or just syllables, can’t communicate. I’ve already rebooted the device, WiFi strength is 61. Iside house when someone calls we hacve Alexa echo show 5 2 generation IT works perfekt.

Hi @WojtekC27. If you have no issues with the Live View on the Alexa Show, then the issue seems to be isolated to your phone. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app and of your phone’s operating software installed. Additionally, ensure your phone has a strong internet connection through wifi or mobile data, and check that the Ring app has permission to use the microphone on your phone. If you have any devices connected to your phone using Bluetooth, such as headphones, disconnect those before using the two-way audio on the Ring app.

If this concern persists after checking all of the above, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem, I’ve done everything and it didn’t solve it, I restarted, updated, changed the wifi settings, measured the network speed, and it doesn’t solve it. It is almost impossible to maintain a conversation with the caller, words are cut off and communication is extremely difficult. Hope you can help me…

Hi @user40933. You can find all of the troubleshooting steps we have for audio and sound issues here. I’d also suggest disconnecting any Bluetooth devices from your phone, such as smart watches and wireless headphones. For more in-depth troubleshooting assistance, you’ll want to follow up with our support team either by phone or on social media. Our team can be reached by sending a message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring.