Continually disconnecting from wifi- is there a fix?

Hi, I have had the base station for a year- no complaints, works well and is reliable.

I decided to get the doorbell (2) and chime a couple of months ago, and so far have not really found it fit for purpose due to it continually disconnecting from the wifi after 3 days at most, and the set up process only working maybe 1 in 4 times.

Today as usual it’s telling me there’s a problem with my internet connection where I can see every other device in the house is connecting without any issue. It’s flashing on the left side but not resolving.

I’m spending far too much time on this with nothing resolving, and I’m at my wit’s end. Can anyone tell me if there is a reliable fix for this?

Thanks.
Sam

Restart your router, or reset it to default settings. You can also try restarting your PC. Update your Wi-Fi adapter drivers and Wi-Fi firmware drivers. Contact your internet service provider (ISP) to check if there’s a connection area within your location.
Dunkinrunsonyou

1 Like

Hi @SamSy. Where is your Base Station located? Are there any other electrical devices in the vicinity that could possibly be causing interference? Also, does is your Base Station have a ethernet or wifi connection? As @Ernestina48, mentioned, rebooting your router can also help with your connection.

1 Like

Hi Ernestina and Tom, thanks for the feedback. My base station is next to the tv, so not too much there. It is connected by wifi, is ethernet more reliable? I’m not actually having any issues with the base station, it’s just the doorbell that is continually disconnecting and then most of the time not reconnecting.

Restarting the driver router does often work but then it disconnects a day or two later.

I will try those fixes though thanks

1 Like