Contact Sensors - Tampered and False Alarms

My alarm system went off last night while we were asleep and terrified us. It was triggered because my system was set to “Home” mode and one of my contact sensors registered as “tampered” suddenly. There was nothing in the area to have accidentally hit the sensor and caused this to happen. I reviewed history and saw that there were a couple times in the last week or so that this sensor registered as “tampered”, luckily while the system was unarmed.

From what I can tell - if a contact sensor is “tampered” while in Home or Away settings - it will immediately trigger the entire alarm system.

It would be nice if we could have more customizable alarm settings. I understand wanting to provide an alert that a sensor may have been tampered with. However, this sensor is on the inside of my home so I am not worried about a potential burglar tampering with the device. If a burglar is tampering with the device, he is already in my home and the alarm would have already been triggered. More customizable settings (and even modes) would be greatly appreciated in the future. From what I’ve gathered, there are issues with contact sensors suddenly registering as “tampered” all the time which really makes me worried about setting my alarm.

I’ve been having the same issue. three of my four sensors have set off an alarm in the middle of the night due to the cover being off a little. I’m pretty sure it’s from the vibration of the doors being open and closed. I can put the cover back on and hear a definite click and it doesn’t want to come back off easily, so I know it’s on correctly. I’ve been talking to Ring support, and we’re trying to figure it out. My problem is that I’m thinking the cover was loose before I set the alarm. I can’t see the cover just coming off at night when the door isn’t being used. The past systems I’ve owned, the system would not let you arm it if a device had an issue, and it would alert you at any time if the device needed attention.

Same issue here. Sensor on front door has set off the alarm at 2am and 4am the past few nights. Sensor cover is on correctly and no one has gone near it. Must be a faulty sensor.

I had a contact sensor give a false alarm. Once at 0410 and a different contact sensor at 1801. When I called I was told to factory reset and reinstall. I started it with the IT person who was so rude, I had to hang up in the middle of the call before I responded rudely in response. Now multiple contact sensors are indicating opening or tampering. There has to be something going on for so many of them to malfunction at the same time.