Connecting Apartment Doorbell

Hey everyone,

I just got a Ring Intercom and am pretty happy with it - almost.
I connected it to my TCS ISH1030 Intercom.

I’m living in an apartment. There´s a bell at the houses’ entrance door and one at my apartment door. The one at the main entrance is controlled via BUS (a and b clamps) and is working perfectly fine.
I used the standard installation as suggested by the app (cable set B with the two BUS cables, see the attached image).
The bell switch right at the apartment door is controlled analog (E clamp). Due to missing instructions in the app setup I didn´t connect it yet and it´s not working with the Ring Intercom.

Is there any way or workaround to get this one working as well?

Hi @Majae, Welcome to the Ring Community !!!

Thanks for contacting us. From the information provided It seems that you need to open 2 different entrance, however with the Ring Intercom you can open only one gate or door. Currently, the Ring Intercom works only with devices that open one door, the option to control two different doors simultaneously is currently not available but we’re eager to introduce it, and will share information on timing as soon as we have it. So in this case you can not find any instruction to set up the second door as not an available option. I hope this helps.

Hey Pino,

thanks for your reply. I don’t need the apartment door to be unlocked, I only need to get notified when the apartment doorbell is rang.

Is there a way to do it?
(Maybe through a workaround like shortcutting the E cable to the a cable?)

Hi @Majae,

thanks for getting back to me.

The intercom is connected to the external door from what I understood, so if anybody ringing on that gate you are able to receive notification an open it, however if the ring came from the internal door, this one is not connected to the Ring Intercom hence you can not receiving any notification in this case. You get notification when someone is ringing. You should use another Ring Intercom for the other door or for internal use probably it is better to install a Ring Doorbell that’s another different device.

Hope is clear but feel free to share any doubts if needed.

Yeah it’s pretty clear, thank you.

But honestly I am wondering why this feature isn’t supported as this is a common setup in most rental apartments and I found several forum posts asking for it.

Is it planned to implement it long term?

I mean it can’t be the solution to buy two intercoms and use them separately :smile:

Hi @Majae,

thanks for your feedback.

Apologise I don’t have a date yet to share with you on this feature, the option to control two different doors simultaneously is currently not available but we’re eager to introduce it, and will share information on timing as soon as we have it.

Have a nice day.