General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
R
Configuring Ring modes
troubleshooting
notifications
I'm new to Ring doorbell and security cameras. I replaced my D-Link camera system recently and now have a video doorbell and eight cams, two of them internal. I'm trying to configure my disarmed, home, and away modes. I'd like to be able to turn off all notifications in Disarmed, turn off some in Home, and have all of them on in Away. But when I when I do that, the Liveview for those cameras are turned off. I'd like to be able to keep Liveview active but suspend the Ring notifications on my iPhone. Is there an easy way to do that? I've tried the on/off motion schedules but then I read that the schedules supersedes any mode setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

26-10-2023 01:47:59

Responses (1)

J
Hi @RichGopher. You cannot disable just motion notifications using Modes. You would have to disable Motion Detection which stops both recordings and notifications of motion. Turning off Motion Detection will not affect your Live View.

30-10-2023 04:57:30

R
Hi Justin - I may not have made myself clear. Perhaps I should have said "Dashboard" instead of "Liveview". I have a computer monitor set up to display the Dashboard 24x7. I'd like to be able to turn off cellphone notifications whenever there is motion for a camera. But when I disable Motion Detection, the camera displays "Motion detection is turn off" with no image. Same thing on my iPhone app. So how can I have the camera continue to display the image without sending me notification each time there is motion? There must be a way around this. I've tried setting the schedule but the schedule supersedes the mode setting.

02-11-2023 12:39:13

J
@RichGopher. Thank you for clarifying. You can use [Motion Snooze or Global Snooze](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000047206-How-to-Use-Motion-Snooze-and-Global-Snooze) to stop Motion Alerts. This will not affect your Cameras preview tiles on your Dashboard, nor will it effect your Modes.

03-11-2023 04:28:47

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User