Concerned with privacy/hacking

I am very concerned that Ring sent me emails for a support code that I never requested. They sent me 6 emails and then a phone call to say my “call with them was disconnected”. Obviously someone got through with my credentials. When i ask the agent what the other party wanted, he said he “is not allowed or cannot tell me”. Who is the agent trying to protect? The person inpersonating me? Why is their call confidential and what they wanted to do on my account confidential. I am pretty sure when i am paying for a service, i should have the right to find out what someone is trying to do on my account.

1. How did they get thru to the agent despite not giving them a verification code

2. Why is their attempted actions on my account “secret”…as far as i know, thieves/criminals/impersonators should not be given the confidentiality/discretion of information when their action is illegal.

Hi there, neighbor. At Ring, we value both your privacy and security. As we work to continually optimize your Account Security from Ring device to Ring app, we maintain that goal consistently with your account and support procedures. There are various measure in place in which neighbors must verify their account. Using our IVR prompts to verify can make your experience more convenient and secure for future interactions.

As the Community is a neighbor to neighbor public forum, any account specific inquiries are best handled by phone with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve had a couple of incidents now of getting a notification saying that my system has been disabled from the App, however there is no one else that uses the system.

I’ve just had it again today, after it has twice phoned me to say it’s triggered in the lounge (no one is home) I’ve reset from the app and then get a notification to say it’s been disarmed by app (no name, if I do it it says my name)

I’ve checked on the cameras and no one is there - so rearmed the system.

It’s now freaking me out a little bit that someone could be logging into my system?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daisypurr, you can view your accounts Authorized Client Devices via the Control Center tab.

1 Like

This morning I read an article that mentions how our information that ring is listening to is being sent to Amazon, all of it! That is a huge breach for me but if they’re storing this info… where and who has access?

1 Like

Don’t you have dual factor authentication set up? That should really solve any problems of someone else signing into your account you would they would have to have your phone and password in order to sign in and make changes.

2 Likes

quirt70 -

I just saw your post.

I would strongly object if ANY information is being sent to Amazon. It would obviously be a SERIOUS privacy/security violation as far as I am concerned!

(If you find out any more information, I hope you post it here.)