Completely dead doorbell (2nd gen)

I recently purchased a solar panel for my Doorbell (2nd Gen). Thru the app, we confirmed that the solar panel was working however we noticed the battery level of the doorbell was decreasing quicker than we expected. We did take into consideration the weird weather we’ve had in our area (cloudy, raining, chilly).

On the day we finally had some sun, the doorbell died. I didn’t get home in time to plug it in. When I went to plug it in with the orange cable it came with, the light (blue circle) did an intermittent blinking (slow blinks) then it started to rapidly blink. I swapped to another Ring cable I had and tried that, same outcome. I tried different power sources (extension, wall units, laptop) same outcome. We tried pressing the button on the front, no changes it continues to blink rapidly. We attempted a hard reset on the back with the orange button, no changes. Any ideas?

The doorbell is completely dead and doesn’t seem to be getting any sort of charge from ANY source.

Hi @cms7. It can take about 6 to 8 hours for the Doorbell to fully charge when plugged in with the provided charging cable, plugged into a standard power outlet. If the Doorbell is not responsive after being left to charge for a sufficient amount of time, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.