Hi neighbors! We’re excited to highlight and introduce to you all a true staple in the Ring Community - @Arkar. We like to showcase very special neighbors who have actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors whom we highlight give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.
@Arkar, thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! In addition to giving this neighbor a special shoutout, we have a set of questions for them to answer so you can get to know them better. Check out @Arkar’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!
How did you first hear about Ring?
- TV commercials
How long have you been a Ring neighbor?
- I believe it was the middle of March this year we started the installs.
How many Ring devices do you have?
- We have 11 in use full time. And a 12th little Inside Stickup cam for…well honestly, to play with more or less. Lol. Actually, I’ve used it several times studying possible locations for wifi strength etc before actually purchasing a new unit.
Which Ring device is your favorite and why?
- Probably the solar powered Spotlight Cam. I guess because once I somewhat figured em out and got confidence in them, I could pretty much put them anywhere. Wifi being the only limitation.
On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?
- I’m very much old-school. Let’s just say it’s as smart as I want it.
What type of smart phone, router, and other integration devices do you use with your Ring devices?
- I use an iPhone X and my iPad. The wife is on an iPhone 12 I believe. The most important thing in our system is pretty fast internet and the Plume Mesh system. I wound up running six super pods to get reliable wifi to our units. Had to get creative on a couple lol. On an average day our weakest RSSI is like -58. The average being -35 to -45 or so. Most of our initial problems were directly related to poor WiFi signal at a unit. We have a couple like 35’ away from the house. Took some doing but at least now they’re all pretty dependable.
Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?
- Well, let’s just say a person can have a pretty strange look on their face when a Spotlight Cam gets them from up in a tree. Squirrel with a flashlight?? And so far the coolest thing would have to be the bear videos.
What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?
- That is hard for me to answer. Seems I learn something new quite often. I’m a tinkerer. I enjoy playing with these things.
And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?
- Hmm. Never thought about it. Probably Apple Fritters. Lol.
Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, Arkar!