Chirp when closing door/window

I have just completed the setup of my Ring alarm system and love it. That being said, I am very upset that there is no way to configure the system to chirp when a door or window closes. Any other alarm system I have dealt with has this feature and we rely on it a lot. Please Please Please add this feature. Also, I do like that there is a selection of different tones. A few more would be welcomed as well.

My old ADT alarm system didn’t chirp when a sensor was closed, just opened.

That being said, while you can’t have Ring chirp when a sensor closes, you can turn on per-sensor close alerts, which would send you a push notification. Not the same, I know.

2 Likes

it does do this. - just go into the settings for the sensor and there are options for the different alert types (chimes) you can set. Currently the chimes you can choose are wind chime, harp, navi, ding dong or none.

It only does it when the sensor opens. I would like to see it have a chirp when it closes as well.

You can do this with an Alexa routine

Add Closed Contact chirp. Currently chirp shound for open contact. You only get notifications.

Most other security systems provide that.

Are you talking about contact sensor closed chirp? if so, you need to get a chime and then link them together. I’m putting a contact sensor in my garage so every time the garage closes or opens, the chime in my house chirp and send a notification to my phone.

Allow sensors to make a chirp when they are closed

I do have a chime and just istalled a ring security system. I have not found how to link the chime to the security system, it is linked to my Doorbell and Floodlight. If you are getting a chime on sensor closed, please share some how-to cliff notes. THANKS!