Chime wireless frequency

I have just purchased a Ring 3 bundle. The doorbell connects on the 2.4Hhz and 5Ghz network, the chime however only connects on the 2.4Ghz network. If the chime is also supposed to act as a wireless booster, it means it will only boost on the 2.4GHz spectrum, or am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi @Marksfish. Only the Chime Pro acts as a wifi extender for Ring devices, and the current generation of the Chime Pro operates on both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz networks, which you can see on the product page here. Typically, you’ll still want to use the 2.4GHz network for your Ring Doorbell as it has a larger effective range than the 5.0GHz network while still providing sufficient speeds. Feel free to give both a try to see which works best for your home setup. :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, the page you linked to doesn’t exist :frowning: . This is the one I have: https://en-uk.ring.com/collections/bundles/products/video-doorbell-3-chime .

@Marksfish That bundle you linked has a Ring Chime which is not a wifi extender for Ring Devices. The Ring Chime Pro is the one that acts as a wifi extender and uses both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz networks. The Chime you have uses a 2.4GHz wifi connection and can be linked to your Doorbell to play audible alerts. I hope this helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

1 Like