Chime Wi-Fi Reconnect Issue

I have Chime (2nd Generation) and when it loses wifi connection (for example, due to router restart) it usually takes a very long time until it re-connects, many hours after the wifi was restored and sometimes it won’t reconnect at all. Unplugging and plugging it back causes it to reconnect right away.
Is this a known bug or I have a defective unit?

Hi @ap7. There are no none “bugs” that would cause this behavior. What is the RSSI for the Chime and where is it located? It is possible that there may be something in the general area causing some interference and slowing the reconnection process.

@Tom_Ring
If this was the case then why would unplugging it and plugging it back always reconnects right away?
Anyway, the RSSI is -28

Hi @ap7. With an RSSI of -28, you shouldn’t have any issues with intermittent connection. I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.