Obtained Ring Video Doorbell Pro as a second hand product. Doorbell working fine, incl. setup and network connection.
But chime have problems: installation seems to go fine, but stucks into firmware update.
Tried so far:
- reset button 5 secs / 60 secs - this enables discovery
- switch off for multiple hours
- let it update for 10 hours
- remove device - add device on app
Latest trials goes as following:
- selecting: devices, chime, device health (showing firmware up-to-date), reconnect to wifi
- 5 second reset -> light pulses very fast -> fast -> slow
- tap to connect chime -> selected the only chime I own
- not using previous wifi -> selecting wifi and entering (copy-pasting) pw
- obtaining success message (after phone reconnected to real network); chime light has started pulsing fast instead of slow
- obtaining eternal “updating firmware” message
- according to the router, the Chime is connected and obtained IP (ending .156), and it communicates quite constantly aprx 2…9 kbps downlink
I’m quite exhausted on this: is there some error on chime, or shall I wait more to get fw updated? Am I missing something on this, shall I do something differently?