Chime stopped working

I’ve tried resetting it, plugging it into multiple different outlets, still no luck. Not getting a blue flashing light on the front when trying to reset it.

Anyone else experience this issue?

mine as well

Mine as well. No lights, no indicators, no power even moving it around to known good outlets.

Same issue here, it suddenly stopped working.

Hey neighbors! Since you’re all experiencing similar concerns with your Chimes and you have tried some basic troubleshooting steps, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further help on this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and account and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

That’s what I did, tried to call the beglian number but it looks like it’s not operational anymore … :angry:

@aubweb If that number is not working for you, please try calling the Worldwide number at [+1 310 929 7085](tel:+1 310 929 7085). You can view our hours of operation here.

What is the best number to call from Australia for this issue?

Hi @dowted. You can reach our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: