Chime setup will not finish

Firstly - I will be clear: overall, the setup process, whether Doorbell, Chime, whatever - is utter garbage.

Chime is *especially* bad - press button, see barely pulsing light. Connect to Chime wifi…spin…nothing…be asked to press the button and do this all over again.

Anyone actually get this thing to work?

My chime installation process went fine until the last step of hooking back up to my home wifi. I think the problem was that the program did not have the proper wifi password. In the last step, I picked the option of a manual sign in and inserted the correct password. It worked.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Finally got it to work, mostly by dumb luck of having the stars align and the sync of network and devices. A pain.

How did you pick the manual setup, I am having the same issue, but the ring app doesn’t have any option to connect manually.

I selected Set Up Device from the Dashboard, walked through the steps where you have press the button on the chime and eventually it managed to hit the right lineup of searching and being on the same WiFi. Very annoying.
Had to do it over and over.

I have also been having problems with setup. I am able to go through the entire process. Once it connects to the wifi it states the signal is weak, and to move closer to the router.

My router is in the basement, but centrally located in the house. I have a great signal normally even outside.

I have tried 3 times, and have even placed the chime in the same outlet as the router, and it states it is unable to connect as the signal is weak.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hey neighbors! If you’re unable to complete the setup process after trying a reset or a manual setup, please follow up with our support team directly so they can offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: