Chime setting set to make noise for ringing only but make noises for detection

So never had issues with ring. Had to recently replaced ring bell wired.
Since replacing it , my phone makes a noise every time motion has been detected and the chime makes the noise too.
I’ve got the setting set on the chime to only make the noise when bell is pressed. I can not turn motion sensor down or edit the area as I do need it on at the moment. I use just have phone notifications pop up which I preferred for motion detection.
On my phone setting on the app ring , If I turn sound off for ring then the sound is off for ringing the bell, which I don’t want. So really confused on what setting to edit on ring and phone as ring looks correct to me. ? Can anyone help?

1 Like

Hi @NatAndy. If your Ring Chime is alerting you to your Doorbell’s Motion Detection Alerts even though the settings are set not to do so, try the following steps:

• Power cycle your Chime by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in.

• Check your Chimes’ Audio Settings once more to ensure that the ding alert is the only option enabled for the doorbell. You can also try turning off the ding alert, saving, then turning it back on and saving to see if that helps.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

This might be quite simple. If you’re looking in the app and you clicked devices, doorbell… and moved to the ‘smart notification’ tab it gives you the choice to notify you about ALL or PERSON motion detection and either notify you on your phone or on your chime.
It’s important to note that smart notifications are specific to the device highlighted. It could well be that you have set the phone not the chime.

2 Likes