Chime Pro

I have the Chine Pro setup to 4 ring products and I have another 4 ring products going direct to my WiFi. The chime pro goes down all the time for hours a day. The other 4 products that are direct to My router always work. The Chime Pro has the most current. Software . The Chime Pro is only 20’ from My router. It is at a remote location and these devise not working all the time drive me nuts. Any ideas?

Hi there, @Albertwmillerjr1! When using the latest model Chime Pro, please ensure to connect it to your 2.4 Ghz network, rather than 5Ghz wifi network. The newest Chime Pros have this capability, in which 5ghz might not have sufficient signal at 20 feet.

As a test, relocating the Chime Pro and monitoring signal dependability can help to find the best spot for connection. As you mentioned having other devices here, a more advanced solution might come from checking your router’s connected devices and diagnostics to see where bandwidth is going, and to ensure there is no IP address conflict with the Chime Pro on your network. With this being in another location, our support team is always happy to assist further with suggestions, if the above steps do not work.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.