Chime pro

Hi thinking of getting a chime pro to improve my 2nd generation doorbell as my router is opposite side of house. Keep getting poor reception message on screen intermittently are they worth trying? thanks

@alywig wrote:
Hi thinking of getting a chime pro to improve my 2nd generation doorbell as my router is opposite side of house. Keep getting poor reception message on screen intermittently are they worth trying? thanks

I was in the same situation (router at one end of the house, and doorbell on the other end). Any good Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz repeater or the Ring Chime Pro will help provide a better connection between your doorbell and router. It should also improve video performance, faster connection to “Live View” activations, stop "Black Video recordings, etc.

One thing to note: I purchased the Ring Chime Pro, and it works great. :slight_smile: But the Chime Pro only connects with Ring products. If you were hoping that the Chime Pro would also extend your Wi-Fi range to non-Ring products at the opposite side of your house, it won’t . In that case, look for a good Wi-Fi Extender or Repeater device.

In either case, you want to set up the Chime Pro or Wi-Fi extender about half the distance between the router and the video doorbell.

I hope this information is useful to you :slight_smile:

1 Like