Chime Pro

I just installed my Ring 2nd generation and the chime pro. When I test the sound on the chime it works but when the doorbell is rung it doesn’t. Also the night light isn’t on.

Hey @bplmsprngs. When you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Linked Chimes, do you have the Doorbell linked to the Chime Pro to make sounds from here? If not, please update these and ensure it is working by dinging your Doorbell. In addition, the night light should be on when it is in a dark area, so you may need to relocate if it’s in a generally well lit area.

If you cannot get the Chime Pro to ding when your Doorbell button is pressed or get the night light to come on, could you try resetting your Chime Pro by pressing and holding the button on the side for 20 seconds while the device is plugged in? After this reset, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Chime Pro > Device Health > Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network. This will take you through another set up of the device, and you may then have to later connect the Doorbell to the device. Once everything is set up again, ensure your Doorbell is linked to the Chime Pro as described in previous steps. You may need to wait until night time to ensure the night light is working. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: