Chime Pro switched from 2.4 to 5G

I use Eero mesh. My pro was connected at 2.4 and I had RSSI of 52. The pro connects to a Doorbell III and ans a Spotlight Cam wired. The RSSI for the bell and spotlight showed in the 50’s when connected to the chime when chime was connected at 2.4. Overnight eero changed chime connection to 5G. Pro RSSI now 54 which is good but spotlight is 64 and doorbell is 70. Not good! Also my chime MAC shows up different depending on being connected to 2.4 or 5G. When I check device health on chime it’s MAC address is what it shows at 2.4 connection but MAC address in eero shows at 5G MAC address at which it is connected. Does the chime emit same signal connected to either 2.4 or 5? Why would connectivity to devices degrade if pro switches from 2.4 to 5 unless pro emits a different signal depending on a 2.4 or 5G connection. Really need an engineer from Ring to figure this our. Thanks

Hi @Jackietools. Wifi networks can vary on strength and speed, depending on where the device is located and what network it is connected to. The 5Ghz is a fast connection type with a limited range, similar to a sports car. The 2.4Ghz isn’t as fast, but it is strong and has a longer range, similar to a diesel truck. This is the reason why you are seeing different RSSIs for each device depending on the network it’s connected to. If your Eero mesh is automatically switching from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz, try configuring to stay on just the 2.4Ghz, as this provides a more stable connection. I hope this information is helpful.