Chime Pro stuck on update routine

Chime Pro 2nd Gen stuck on update routine. It logs on tp wifi ok but then starts flashing blue/green and app says it is updating and could take up to 15 minutes. I’ve left it for 2 hours and it still says updating. I’ve tried holding reset button 5/10/20/30 seconds and nothing changes, it still flashes blue/green. I’ve tried to set it up at a friends house on a totally different network where it connects to thier wifi ok but then goes in to same update mode and stays there. Any ideas what I can do to get it back to normal operating mode??

Hi @PeteCarpet. It shouldn’t take that long for your Chime Pro to complete an update. Resetting the Chime Pro is a troubleshooting step I would have recommended in this situation. One other thing you can check is if the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your wifi network. If this issue persists, I’d suggest following up with our support team so they can look into this more closely.

Was that resolved?? I’m having the same issue. Have waited for over 24hrs in the blue/green update light

Hello there,

I have the issue with my chime pro (1st gen).
What I have done last week was remove the device from the app, unplugged it for An hour and then hold the reset button for around 10 seconds during power on.

After that I am able to reset it and set it up again to work for a few day. However, it failed update again today( which I didn’t update it manually). It seems that the firmware is having issues with my chime pro.

May I ask how to stop it from automatically update? Could anyone please help? Thanks.

I’m having the same problem it’s been trying to update for days. Help.

Hi neighbors. If the troubleshooting steps suggested in the marked solution don’t resolve this, you’ll need to follow up with our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.