Chime Pro Losing Strength?

I used a Chime Pro to connect to my outside spotlight cam. At first, it worked well. Suddenly I started getting notifications that the camera was offline (even though it was still working and I could see a Live View). Now the app tells me the Chime Pro can’t provide a good signal and needs to be relocated. The number of physical locations inside my house is not unlimited, but I have tried relocating it to different outlets. Each time, it seems to get worse.

I ended up putting the Chime Pro back in its original location. It reports RSSI-54, and the connected camera reports RSSI-79. What I don’t understand is why a device that seemed to be working well suddenly began to malfunction.

I’m planning to take a weekend trip, and I would really like this system to be working while I’m gone. I’ve had so many problems with Ring, I’m beginning to think I should have bought a different system. Unfortunately, I can’t afford to just throw out the expensive Ring junk and start over.

Hi @RKW. Great first steps for troubleshooting this issue. Is your Chime Pro connected to a 5GHz network or a 2.4GHz network. If it’s on a 5GHz, try switching to a 2.4GHz, as this network generally has a greater range. Also, try rebooting your internet router to see how that improves the connection strength. Also, this Help Center article here has some great troubleshooting steps that you can try. Let me know if this helps!

1 Like