Chime Pro Light Ring

Hi,

I have just set up my Chime Pro, but it’s behaving a little oddly (to me at least).

It spends some of the time with a solid blue light (ring) showing, but it then goes into the following cycle:

Solid blue --> solid (faint) green --> solid green --> solid green + night light on --> flashing blue + night light on --> solid blue + night light on

This cycle seems to repeat a couple of times before things return to solid blue. And then after a few minutes, the cycle kicks off again.

Does anyone know what is going on? It seems that when the light is NOT solid blue, the Chime does ring if the doorbell button is pushed. So the thing becomes pretty useless for telling you someone’s at the door!

Thanks,

Matty

1 Like

Hi,

I made an error is the message below. It should have said that the Chime *doesn’t* ring when the unit is going though this cycle.

Hope someone has an idea as to what the problem might be. I will be returning the unit if it can’t be fixed as it could be defective.

Thanks,

Matty

1 Like

Hey there, @MattyH. Thank you for providing such excellent detail with your post. The LED pattern described matches the expected light indicators during an update. If this pattern is persisting, try relocating this Chime closer to your router, just until that update is complete.

After waiting some time, if it seems like the update is simply not completing, despite being close to network resources, try resetting the Chime. A reset can be performed by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, please perform a new setup in the Ring app to reconnect the Chime, thus prompting a new update to take place. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Thanks for responding! :smiley:

I’ve tried what you’ve suggested and things were OK for around 10 mins (solid blue light and chime ringing when doorbell pressed), but then the dreaded above-mentioned cycle starts again.

I’ve tried it three times now and the same result happens each time: a few mins of a stable blue light following by it cycling through the process described. :cry:

I suspect it could just be a bad unit. I will arrange for it to be sent back as it is serving no purpose as it stands.

Thanks for you help.

Matty

Hi,

Just to provide an update on this issue…

New Ring Chime Pro 2 delivered today. Followed the set up instructions as before; this time the firmware upgrade took a while to go through but finally finished. All set up now and product seems stable (solid blue light for 20 mins plus and counting).

Conculsion: old Chime Pro 2 was either faulty or the firmware update corrupted the unit first time around.

Cheers,

Matty

1 Like