Chime Pro light off

Hi, can anyone help? I stupidly mowed over my brand new lawn mower power cable yesterday. Stupid! But all my power went off and I had to reset the power box. I’ve had to reset my Ring doorbell and that’s fine but the Chime Pro will not work no matter what I do. I’ve followed every single guild, press the reset button, tried it in a different wall socket etc, etc. I’ve deleted the device from my app and it gives the message that its trying to connect to the chime pro network on my phone but nothing works, when I get to this stage on my phone I switch to settings on my phone and wifi to find the Chime but it’s not there. I’m lost. The light has gone off before when my wifi goes down and I’m sure I just did this and the light on the front starts to flash again.

I’m lost, can anyone help??? Thanks, Lisa

Hey @LisaH! Since you have done all of the troubleshooting you can on your end but it was to no avail, it would be best to reach out to our support team for further help here. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.