Chime Pro 1 won't connect to network

Had issues with chime Pro version 1not sounding when doorbell pressed.
I fiddled about with it in the app attempting to reconnect it to the wifi, to no avail.
I removed the chime from the app, intending to just reinstall it.

I get to the point where my phone (Google Pixel 5) wants to connect to the Chime-xxxxxx wifi network, which it does successfully, then the app asks if the blue light is flashing slowly, which it is so I press the corresponding button in the app. the app then says Connecting to your Chime… and goes no further

I have tried removing and reinstalling the Ring app. I have turned off the 5GHz network and now just have the 2.4GHz network (which is working). The app talks to the doorbell with no problems.

Ho do I get my Chime working?

Hi @krugman. You can try resetting your Chime Pro by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 15 seconds, then attempt the setup process again in the Ring app. If that still doesn’t work, try the setup process on a different smartphone or tablet, if you have access to one. Sometimes using a different device for the setup works for other neighbors. We also have some other troubleshooting steps here that might help. Should this concern persist and you’re unable to get the Chime Pro connected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.