Chime failed connect Wifi after success setup

Hi guys

I’ve sucessfully setup my Ring Chime to Ring app on my mobile.

Had both Ring Video Door & Chime working great.

But after I turned it off to place a new surge protector, Ring Chime cannont connect to my wifi as previously did.

Once I had to search wifi to WPA mode (my wifi was not on the normal list during searching) and entered the correct detail, the flashing light turned blue…

There is no

Hi there, @unley! With this Chime being connected before, it should be able to setup to the same network. As you mentioned security encryption on your router, I recommend enabling a 2.4 Ghz guest network on your router with standard settings, to see if this will allow a successful connection. During the setup in the Ring app, the last wifi connection step will have an option to “add a hidden network”. This option will allow you to manually enter your network information for connection. If possible, try also completing this setup on a different mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you Marley for explaining :smiley:

I’m just wondering if enabling 2.4 Ghz guest network will drop my internet speed.

Of course, @unley! Not to worry about bandwidth or speed. Your internet speed will remain the same, whether 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz is being used. The 2.4 Ghz wifi will be able to deliver this speed further and through obstacles without losing as many resources as 5Ghz wifi radio frequency might. Personally, I always use 2.4 Ghz for further, or outdoor devices, and connect my in home devices to 5Ghz. :slight_smile: