Chime doorbell keeps going offline

My Ring Chime lately keeps going offline. I reconnect it to my wifi network and it will work for a day or so, then goes offline again.

Hi @sjg1. If your Ring Chime is frequently disconnecting from the wifi, it’s likely a signal related issue. Check the signal strength on the Device Health page to determine if the Chime’s connection to your wifi network is stable. You may need to relocate the Chime somewhere closer to your router for a more stable connection.

Hi, I’m suffering from the same problem. I discovered my v2 chime was offline, went through the hassle of reconnecting and about 30 mins later it was offline again. The RSSI was last reported as -37 and it’s under 2m from my router. Have you any further suggestions?

Hi @Jmz2020. That RSSI indicates a good signal, so we can cross that off as the cause of this issue. I’d recommend running a wifi speed test to check if you’re receiving sufficient upload and download speeds. Ensure you are utilizing only wifi by turning mobile data off during this test.

After verifying that your upload and download speeds are solid, make sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network and change the wifi channels if needed. Should the Chime still disconnect frequently after checking all the above, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message.