Chime does not work with doorbell

Just received new Chime. Configured it and it does not work with ring doorbell nor can I change the audio

I have reset the device twice with same issue

Hey @AzDVL. What kind of Chime is this - 1st or 2nd Generation? Is this the Chime or Chime Pro? What kind of Doorbell do you have, and what do you mean by “does not work?” If you could give more detail in what you are wanting to do with the two devices, I’m happy to point you in the right direction!

Chime 2nd Generation

Doorbell Model: Video Doorbell 2

, and what do you mean by “does not work?”

The network keep dropping off / on - the unit is only 10 feet from router and signal strenght is excellent. Can’t change sound / often does not ring when door bell is activated. Tech support tried to help with configuration and experienced problems as well. The product is not reliable and from the post feel this is quality isusue and feel will return item at this point.

@AzDVL Thank you for detailing that more for me and explaining your situation, I really do appreciate it! I’m happy to help as much as I can with this further for you, but that is completely up to you. I apologize if I end up saying anything you may have already ran through with our support team.

In the event you’d like to help guide further, it sounds like you may need to adjust your ports and protocols on your network to allow the Ring devices to connect and stay connected, as it sounds like they keep falling offline from your network. You may need to reach out to your ISP to make these changes, but once made, you may see an improvement on how the devices stay connected. I recommend to fully remove the devices from your account, and then make these changes on your network before adding them back onto the Ring app and your account. Let me know if you’d like me to detail this further for you, I’m happy to help! :slight_smile:

We have a door view cam, but door bell not ringing

We have a door view cam, but doorbell not ringing

Hi @Rygarsmum60! Once your Doorbell and Chime are setup in the Ring app and successfully connected to your wifi network, they will be ready to link. In your Ring app, visit the Chime device page, select linked devices, and link your Video Doorbell with the Chime.

Remember to assign Chime Tones and save these settings for intended operation. Check out our help center article for instructions and more information on Chime Tones. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Re: Chime does not work with doorbell