Chime connected but no tone

Getting frustrated with this one, So i’ve got a 2nd gen ring and a 2nd gen chime, Ring works fine, chime also worked fine until recently.

So app has the chime connected, notifications are set correctly getting alerted when the ringer goes off on my tablet and phone but no output on my chime, I don’t recall exactly when it stopped working it’s about a week now and I can only assume it corresponds to an update potentially.

Anyway so go through the usual, reset the chime, connect it up to the same network. Again successfully connects device health is fine, but when you press test tone, nothing no noise. I can’t recall if the blue light is always supposed to be solid and constantly on but my chime is now going from a blue solid light, to sometimes green and sometimes off completely. And yes it’s sat right next to the router, and my equipment has been reset.

Any ideas wasting hours and pulling what little hair I have left!

Hi @ddarkeh. Good job on trying a reset and setting the Chime up in the Ring App again, those are the same troubleshooting steps I would have suggested in this case. Since the Chime still isn’t playing any alerts despite your troubleshooting efforts, it would be best to follow up with our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: