Chime cannot reset

Hi,

My Chime stopped to working (not connect in wifi anymore). When I try to reset it, blue light blinking fast for while and then lost. It’s no difference if I press the button 5 seconds or 30 seconds. So any succest what I have to do or is this chime gone forever? It’s only 1,5 year old so quite poor quality if so…

Hey there, @Jarkko! A Chime reset is best performed by holding the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once a reset is successful another setup will need to be completed in the Ring app. As you mentioned there are lights showing on your Chime, this is a great sign that it is powered and attempting to operate.

Please attempt to setup the Chime in your Ring app, while also ensuring your Chime is close to your wifi router, for best results. If this concern persists, and setup is not successful, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi,

Have tryed reset this Chime many, many times. When I put the button light start blinking FAST EVERY time. It’s same if I put button 5s or 20s or 30s…

So how I can reset and connect this Chime again in Wifi?

My Doorbell works fine, there isn’t any problem…

This chime worked well for the past 2-3 years. After a router change, resetting the Ring doorbell was easy but when I went to reset the chime, following the directions in the Ring App, the App identified the new network but didn’t request the network password. After that, the Chime became unresponsive. No matter how many times I hold down the setup button, or how long I hold it down, the Chime doesn’t light up. At one point, I did receive a message that it was doing a software update and that I should recheck in 15 minutes but still nothing happened. I have attempted multiple times to reconnect it to Wifi and finally I removed the Chime device and attempted to reinstall it. Still, no go. Any thoughts are appreciated.