Chime 2nd generation suddenly stopped working - any tips?

Hi

I have a chime 2nd edition - that I’ve had for 3 years - working since April 2021. In January this year it suddenly stopped working.

I’ve followed the troubleshooting guide - but the device isn’t behaving like how the guide says it should.

I can’t get the green light to flash.

If I press the side button for 5 seconds - the green light turns off after 3 seconds, and then a few seconds later comes back on solid green. No flashing.

If I press the side button for 20 seconds - after 15-30 seconds the green light comes back on, after a further 30 seconds it will flash once or twice, and then go back to a solid green.

I clicked on the troubleshooting guide in the ring app - and it said “Oops…that doesn’t go anywhere yet”.

Can anyone give me any tips?

Hi @user77028. You can reset the Chime by holding down the button on the side for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds have passed, release the button and then follow the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring app to complete a new setup. If the Chime doesn’t complete the setup, or it isn’t responding to these troubleshooting attempts, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.