Changing wifi password

When I go to change my wifi password, How do you change the password for the Ring Cameras to match the network password?

Hi @davida. In order to set up the devices with the new network name and password, you will need to reconnect each device to your new network. For this, you will go into the main menu of your Ring app, and go to Devices. From there, go one device at a time and when you select on one, you will see a section for Device Health. After selecting Device Health, click on Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will take you through another setup of the device, and once you follow the steps, it will prompt for the new network password. This is where you will update the information so the camera stays connected. Hope this helps!

It does not help. we are not able to get the spinning white light on the device to reconnect to new Wifi.

Please advise.

@sreyyunni Do you get any lights on the device at all? If you’re not getting any lights, you may need to charge the device itself or the battery, depending on the device you have. After charging it up, for any instance you are still not getting the spinning white light, please reach out to our support team here.

The reset process takes a while and doesn’t prompt for new password. Just says wifi password is incorrect. Seems like poor design

My WiFi password has been changed. I tried following steps to update. However I cannot get the second screw out from the bottom of my device. Because of this I cannot press the orange button on the back of the device. Is there another way to update the WiFi? I currently have a useless device because I am unable to get to that button.

Hi @JamieGD. If you keep getting a message that says your wifi password is incorrect and the device cannot connect, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hey @Noasmom. You will need to order a spare parts kit to get another security screw driver from us in order to get his screw out and press the orange button. This is the only way to get the device into setup mode to change the network it’s connected to with the updated password. You can also reach out to our support team for this order, just as I recommended to the neighbor above. :slight_smile:

Every time I follow set up process to change WiFi password, ring cannot recognize my WiFi. What causes that?

@andersoncarole, if you are using the appropriate wifi password for the network selected, this should certainly get you connected. Depending on device model, you might have the option of both your 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks, if both are enabled on your router. On the choose your network screen, there is a “add hidden network” option that will allow you to manually enter your network information. Try also, starting a new setup in the Ring app, rather than the “change wifi” option. Let us know if this works for you! :slight_smile: