Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
T
Carplay support for notifications and mode changes
ios
notifications
app-request
Please add the option to show notifications in Carplay while the iOS device is plugged in. Currently, if there is an alarm activation, there is no notification banner or sound if your device is plugged in to Carplay.

14-07-2020 10:12:33

Responses (36)

M
This is a highly important feature for me! I'm not talking about video that could be a distracting factor while driving, but a notification or even being able to answer your doorbell as if making a phone call in the car would be great. Recently I suffered a breakin to my home and the person rang 4 times in a row just to make sure I wans't home. Since I was driving I never got any notifications, thus the promise of Allways home could not be true!

08-09-2020 03:39:12

J
I totally agree. This is very important to be aware of a doorbell ring and audio answer it from Apple CarPlay. Any comment from the Ring team? > @TWalker wrote: > > Please add the option to show notifications in Carplay while the iOS device is plugged in. Currently, if there is an alarm activation, there is no notification banner or sound if your device is plugged in to Carplay.

26-09-2020 07:55:25

LU
+1! Please add the CarPlay notifications for Ring, without it there is no way to know if someone's at the door or if alarm got triggered when your phone is plugged into CarPlay.

31-10-2020 07:26:18

A
It would be nice if ring app addon installed on carplay as i am unable to scan or see any activity while on carplay. Thanks

05-11-2020 02:26:56

V
Same issue here. From my research it’s an issue from apple and allowing distractions as you drive.

22-01-2021 03:15:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User