Can't share Ring Bridge and Mailbox Sensor. Help!

Same here, very disappointed we can’t share the mailbox sensor with my family. Ring fix this ASAP… this is a huge short coming of this product… if not fixed ASAP I will be forced to abandon Ring for a competitor…

Obviously they are not worried about fixing this "oversight " it’s been over 6 months and still no change.

1 Like

Yes I need this as well, as many homes have multiple family members to get the mail… PLEASE ADD SUPPRT TO SHARE THIS ASAP

I am also waiting on this feature since the product came out.

An update on what’s taking so long would be nice, better yet… A software update to fix this oversight.

Ring sucks at adding even the simplest of user requested features. This one is a major oversight.

I would like to be put on the list to be notified when this sharing issue is resolved. Hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

I was also assuming this basic feature would be available for the mailbox sensor. I was also hoping the mailbox sensor could be linked to the Chime Pro so when mail arrives, the chime pro would sound.

This is disappointing. Please remove this limitation.

Has any movement been made on resolving this? I also bought this for my wife and set the device up to find she can’t get the alerts. Would be nice if “co-owner” or “household member” accounts could be made to allow all devices.

Also looking for an update into this issue. Bought this product for my wife who cannot see it. Very disappointing. There needs to be a co-owner option with all of the same permissions as the owner.

Yeap, that is definitely an oversight from the Ring Mailbox Sensor Team Product Manager. Please get this feature in.

The only workaround is to share the owner account, which isn’t ideal. If sharing the owner account with my wife, it might be ok. But it’s not ok, to share the owner account with anyone else.

So say my mother in law wants to know when the mail arrives. I don’t want to share the owner account with her. I’d rather share the device with her to her own account, which we can’t do……

Please escalate this feature request and prioritize it.

Thanks,

It’s been over a year now.

Hey neighbors. With this topic gaining popularity, I suggest adding this to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I would like to share notification with my wife. Right now, I m the only one who gets the notification from the mailbox sensor. Please fix!

It’s been over a year now…I have to return this crap.

Tom, are you serious? Or maybe your company can use some common sense? Why should it be on users to beg for functionality that one would assume is present?

I cannot share the mailbox sensor or Bridge with my wife? For real?

Absurd!

Anyone from Ring home and care to comment???