Can't reset Tampered Motion Sensor

We have one motion sensor that continues to show Tampered.

We’ve remounted it in a different location, taken out the batteries, reconfigured it in the Ring app, triple checked the device is clicked into its housing; it still shows tampered.

Is there another way to “hard reset” a motion sensor? I know for a fact it hasn’t been tampered, and the little tamper sensor on the back of the device works (I can depress it, simulating the plastic pointy piece that depresses the sensor when properly mounted.)

I even REMOVED the device completely from the system, having to Remove it and depress the tiny hole to confirm removal. As I was adding the sensor back, as if it were a new sensor, I got yet ANOTHER tamper alarm! :roll_eyes:

I’d rather not have to CALL tech support… Surely there is a some way to fix this?

Thanks!!:ok_hand::+1::+1:

Check out our Help Center article below for tips on troubleshooting tampered sensors.

If this does not resolve your concern, the next best step would be to reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The tips not he help center article do not help. I have removed and reset the device multiple times. and it still shows Tampered every time I install it. It’s getting ridiculous. How do we do a reset where Tampered goes away entirely?

Hi @coskier. If the steps listed in the “How to Resolve Tampered Contact Sensors” are not resolving this issue, you’ll need to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

Two of my new and recently fitted motion detectors have shown persistent tamper faults despite me definitely properly closing their cases. There appears to be a fault, whereby the small steel switch is not protruding enough and so the case lid doesn’t depress / actuate it. I have solved this by putting a small piece of matchstick into the opening where the switch protrudes in order to actuate the switch.
Link to pic