Can't enter new credit card

The credit card I had on file no longer exists, so I got an email this morning from Ring saying I needed to put in a new card. I went to my account, clicked on “Update” in the payment method, and a pop-up gives me the option to either delete the payment method or replace. I tried replace, and a form for a new credit card flashes up for less than a second and returns to the delete or replace. I’ve tried both the web page from a desktop, and on my phone. Same behavior. There doesn’t seem to be any way for me to provide a new credit card. I guess Ring doesn’t want me to re-up?

1 Like

Hi there, @Horsefly. I apologize you were having this trouble on the website, we will share this experience with the team here! If you give our support a call at 1-800-656-1918, they can help you add your credit card onto your account over the phone so you don’t have to worry about this.

For a number of reasons, I don’t give my credit card number out over the phone. I’ll only do it via a secure web page, app, or in person. I guess I’ll try again in a few days to see if this silly coding problem has been fixed. Otherwise I guess I’ll just let my subscription lapse.

2 Likes

Just a thought. Some credit card companies can give you a one time use credit number. They do this so your real card number is not used at all and helps secure your account. If you give them this over the phone, it can only be used once and your card remains safe and unknown. Hope this helps

Actually, a one-time use CC number is what I plan to use, from CapitalOne. Thing is, it only works for on-line. I like them because I can use them and then lock them, and then services like Ring, Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, or whoever can’t just automatically re-up me without me noticing.

However, since it only works on-line, I have to wait until Ring fixes their bug.

Great, I see you know the tricks too. I hate auto renewals. That’s a great way to no let it happen.

Well, it’s been almost two weeks and there doesn’t seem to be any improvement in the Ring payment page. The problem remains the same: When I try to update the payment method, a form briefly pops up and then disappears before I can put in a credit card. I know it isn’t something on my side, as I’ve tried several places: Desktop on Chrome (both regular and incognito), desktop on MS Edge, Chromebook, and phone app. I can’t put in a payment method, so my subscription runs out. Like I said, I’m not interested in giving my credit card to someone over the phone. Any other ideas? I guess Ring no long wants my business.

I am having the same issue. Its been weeks and its still not fixed. I am not calling to pay either. Fix the problem Ring.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think anyone at Ring cares, and/or nothing posted here gets read by anyone who might care.

For what it is worth: After trying periodically and verifying that their card update feature was broken, I just let the subscription run out. After I got the notice that I no longer had a subscription, I logged on and signed up for a subscription. The mechanism to enter a card for a new subscription is not broken, so it worked. Thankfully I was not travelling and did not have an extended time with no subscription. Makes me hesitant to recommend Ring, as something so simple shouldn’t be so hard to fix.

I am having the same problem with removing an outdated payment credit card and replacing it with a current one. The inability for a company to fix such a seemingly simple web based payment problem, gives me pause to think :

1 How secure is my data in the cloud?

2 How can such a company continue to grow and expand with a growing group of unsatisified users?

This has been an issue for over a month now with no solution. Being it is a payment issue I would think Ring would want to fix it ASAP. Ring…you need to get on this and fix it!

Help

Hey Roz.

I think you have a couple of choices.

First, you could call them. If you are comfortable with giving your credit card number to them on the phone, you are good. While you are at it, you can tell them about the issue with their web page, and I’m sure the person taking your credit card will ignore you. (Not their job)

Second, you can just ignore the problem. Don’t stress about it. Let your subscription run out. You will get an email when it has run out, then you can make a choice. You could just drop your suscription (it’s almost like that’s what they want you to do), or you can log in on-line and start a new subscription. There you can enter your new credit card number with none of the issues that we’ve been seeing here.

Sad that nobody at Ring seems to care about this issue.

Edit to add: I don’t know if @Chelsea_Ring (who originally responded to my issue in this thread almost 2 months ago) even works there any more, but maybe this forum has a way to send her a direct message? Might be worth a try.

Trying to use a CapitalOne Eno credit card # to create payment for basic plan, and the form just won’t accept it for some reason.

All other online sites work just fine in accepting virtual CC number, but … not Ring.

What gives?

Why make it hard for people to give you money?

I need to review video for a housekeeping event, and I can’t, because I can’t give Ring my money. Crazy.

If you plan or trial ran out, you wouldn’t be able to retrieve any videos before you renewed.

Had the same issue also, just realized it doesn’t accept cards online through the website( IOS) but used the RING APP on my Samsung phone and it worked.
I called the call center, WOW it was harder for her to add than me, so I hung up before the automated card feature she switched me too got started.

Payment encryption software is their issue, not sure what third party they use but, might want to explore better options.

Today is February 7, 2020, and I am having the exact same problem trying to change my credit card number as the one Ring has is no longer valid.

Does Ring monitor this forum?

Do they have an email support address?

Why is this still a problem? They want to charge the old card on March 8, 2020.

Any suggestions???

1 Like

Hi, OP here.

Like I said further up-thread, what I did was just let my subscription expire. Then when I went in to start a new subscription it used a different page (one that works) to enter the credit card #.

Someone from Ring did respond to my initial post, but maybe that’s all they do. If the conversation on a thread continues, maybe no one from Ring looks at it. That would seem stupid, but…

katpeters1211

email support address help@ring.com

Same issue … it’s now March 17 and apparently no one from Ring Support ever reads these.