Cannot set up a chime

I’m really struggling to set up a chime on my network.

It did used to be on my network fine we had to relocate the router it’s been since then we have had this issue.
We didn’t change any settings on the router at all we simply moved it to its new location & turned it on. Nothing else has had any issue just this.

I have tried everything recommended.
Reset the chime, restarted router, moved it right next to the router, restarted the router it just will not set up.

I scan the code, I turn on the chime, the light flashes green, I get the wifi password, I get prompted to join the chime network & when it scans for wifi networks that’s when it fails.
No matter what I try I cannot get past this step.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Kennypow. What type of phone are you using for the setup? If possible, try using a different phone or a tablet. You may also need to adjust some settings in your phone to get the Chime connect. Try turning off the Smart Network Switch or WiFi Assist. Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

I had the same issue with ours, eventually after trying all of the suggestions online, I went through the manual configuration option for the IP address instead of using DHCP. I just picked an address in the normal range for my router and it connected straight away. I then set up a static address for it in the router to prevent that address being used by anything else.
So the issue appears to be with DHCP in my case. It would connect fine to a hotspot on the phone, just not to my own router which has a Deco network.

1 Like

Hey @ausfan, thanks for sharing this helpful tip! :slight_smile:

Hi mate, sounds like your strategy works a treat, are you able to tell me how to choose a different IP address please? In the app, when I go to Advanced Options on the wifi password screen then change from DHCP to Static, it won’t let me type in a new IP address (won’t let me put the last letter in). Hope this makes sense, clearly I don’t know what I’m doing here. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have Vodafone Deco routers also.

Hi @user28523. I’m not sure if this is helpful or not, but I found an article from TP-Link here about changing an IP address on your Deco router. I’m not fully familiar with all of the advanced settings on routers and wifi networks, but I wanted to share that in case it helps. :slight_smile:

thanks so much for your message I’ll give this a try!

1 Like