Cannot add solar pathlight

Trying to add solar pathlights to my home but completely unsuccessful

After I scan code, it says my Echo Show 10 is offline.
It will not give me an option to add the light to my bridge.

Under devices, it shows the ring bridge online but shows echo show 10 offline (even though it is confirmed online)

I would prefer to add the lights to my bridge but cannot get it to work.

Spent 45 minutes on phone with tech support which was zero help other than raising my blood pressure. Their final suggestion was to reset my network settings on my phone.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @ZimZam! Your Echo device should certainly be working as a Bridge, as it looks to be a compatible model. Thank you for confirming your Echo is indeed online and working otherwise.

If possible, try using another mobile device for this setup, and please ensure there is not a vpn enabled.

You’ve covered all the best steps, and if the above does not resolve your concern, this will need a closer look from our support team. As you’ve worked with them before, they will be able to escalate you to an advanced support team for further assistance, if needed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: