Can lights on a zwave Smart Plug-In Outlet be scheduled?

I want to know if lights connected to a Leviton Decora or GE Smart Plug-In Outlet be set to follow a schedule? ex. turn on at 6pm and turn off at 11pm (M-F)

1 Like

If you have an Amazon Alexa, you may be able to do this with a skill.

But not through the Ring app? I don’t have Alexa so that’s not an option.

How do I pay

How can I pay

Not at this time, @superx but we will keep you posted if this does become available!

@Roxieb34 may you please go into more detail about what you are asking? Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. It’s a critical feature I use with my current iSmartAlarm system (which I was considering moving to the Ring system due to the iSmart system reliability) – not having the ability to schedule my internal lights (I don’t have or want Alexa) is an essential requirement for me.

2 Likes

Another vote for this feature - it’s the last thing I need Ring Alarm to be able to do to be the perfect system. Seems odd to have support for z-wave light control but not the ability to schedule it (like for my front porch light). Please add scheduling for z-wave switches! Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey Jennifer!! Plus 1 for this feature request. I assumed scheduling was an option, given other smart outlets (less sophisticated than ring) support this out of the box. Any updates on where this might be in the roadmap? Trying to decide if I keep the 4 outlets I just purchased…

3 Likes

Another plus one for a scheduling feature. Make it a plus 10.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature

3 Likes

Whether an outlet or smart light switch, their selling point to me was it was compatible with Ring. But Ring only lets you manually turn it on or off? I can d9 that with no smart switch. We need z-wave on/ off scheduling!

2 Likes

+1. Come on, Ring, speak to us!!

2 Likes

Hey Ring, can you please let us know where you are with this feature request?

1 Like

Hey neighbors. I know you’ve requested an update and at this time, there is no new news on the progress of this Feature Request. As mentioned earlier, this can be accomplished by using an Amazon Alexa Routine. Be sure to head over to our Feature Request Board so you can vote on this request. Thank you for your continued patience.

1 Like

I am like the others and vote for this option. First some apology to ring.
This item is for sale on the ring pages for almost 40$. I believe it is quite Myopic of Ring to sell a light control that does not offer a schedule to turn it on/off. I believe the Ring branded outdoor lite control allows for this option but not the off-brand. Now it should be a SMOP mater (Simple Matter of Programming) To have this work. Had I more time to do this I would set up a raspberry pie with a zwave card in it to control my lights. That said at least I am able to control the lights from the remote with the Ring application. That will just add more randomness whenever I am away to the light schedule.

That said again my apologies for being rude. Now to see if the actual light switches will work on a schedule I would like to set up my outdoor lights to be controlled by Ring but if they will not be able to be set on a timer it would be a waste of money.

Hi RING do you have any switches, or outlet plugs that can have timers set and managed by the security system? I had a system that could control and time the lights. I consider your system better but this makes me question that thought.

1 Like

Hi @Leif_Ericksen. I suggest checking out the Outdoor Smart Plug! This device can plug into a standard outdoor wall outlet and can turn any 2 outdoor lights, into Smart Lights! This device connects to a Ring Bridge, which allows you to take advantage of features like a Light Schedule. Check out this Help Center article here to learn more about Light Schedules to see if this can benefit you. This works great with our Ring Alarm Modes Schedule. Let me know if this is helpful! :grinning:

1 Like

I completely agree with all the other comments. What is the point of a plug in outlet with z-wave and no scheduling! Yes, your outdoor version has this feature. But that unit is big and clunky and not Something you want plugged in your living room. Can you add this scheduling feature to Leviton units. Or make you own indoor plug in outlet. Come on Ring!!!