Can I turn of professional monitoring just for my smoke /CO2 listener?

I really don’t want professional monitoring on just my smoke/CO2 listener and have to worry about false alarms and the Fire Department being sent out every time something smoky in the kitchen. I dont see how to do this on app so wondering if there is a way?

1 Like

Hi there, @DLN! When registering your Alarm system for Professional Monitoring, this is done by the account and/ or location. As the Base Station is the central hub for communication with your Alarm system, registering the system for Professional Monitoring will include all connected devices. When this is the case, your Smoke/ CO device will follow the emergency response procedures accordingly.

You are able to remove the Smoke/ CO device from the Base Station, or zwave network, thus removing it from professional monitoring. Please note, this would eliminate the smart features and Ring app access to that device, unless you connect it to another compatible hub or controller with a different app.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. Please also let us know if you find a solution that might work for other neighbors :slight_smile:

1 Like