im trying to see if i can have alexa turn on inside household lights when ring motion sensor detects motion and turns on the ring lights. thanks
Hi @fourstate. You can try creating a routine within the Alexa app and seeing what options you have available. To create a Routine in the Alexa app for your Ring Doorbell, Security Cameras or Mailbox Sensor:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Tap More in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select Routines from the menu.
- Tap the plus sign to Create Routine
- A screen titled New Routine will appear.
- Tap on and Routine Name and name your routine.**
- Tap on When This Happens and tap Smart Home, select your Ring device you are creating the routine for.
- Select which capability you’d like to set up.
- Select Add action , and then choose which action it completes.
- To receive a push notification when motion or contact sensor is triggered, select Send notification .
- Under From , select which Alexa device controls the Routine.
- Tap Create .
Those are the basic steps for creating a routine in the Alexa app. You may have additional options or the options you see may vary depending on what devices you have, but a routine will be your best bet to achieve what you’re looking for. I hope this information helps!