Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T

tweedy_CA

Accepted Solution
Camera stopped receiving power. To keep it online and avoid draining its battery, reconnect power soon
cs-support
wireless-security-cameras
power-issue
Two of my cameras have an error message, "stopped receiving power. To keep it online and avoid draining its battery, reconnect power soon." One is a stickup camera connected to a wall socket The other is a spotlight camera connected to a solar panel. So far I have switched power cables with a device that does not have that issue, purchased a new power cable, used different wall sockets, and purchased a new battery. I have also set up the camera as "wired" and as "battery" for the power mode. I have rebooted the devices numerous times and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Finally, the error message appears when I use Apple and Android devices. ![Screenshot_20230515_182917_Ring|403x500](upload://sa7mDLeFK1IsAW9vzJNT0w916rl.jpeg)

16-05-2023 02:17:54

Responses (5)

C
Accepted Solution

Hi @PSBoardman7 and @tweedy_CA. Thank you for listing out the different troubleshooting steps you've already taken. These are all the steps I would have suggested based on the issue you're experiencing. The only other thing I'd suggest trying is to completely reset your Cameras by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset is done, complete a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If that doesn't resolve this, and you continue to receive this message, please follow up with our support team to investigate this further. This issue may need to be escalated to a higher level of support if it affects a replacement device as well, so be sure to mention if you have previously called in for this concern.

17-05-2023 05:57:32

P
I’m having the same issue. I have contacted ring about this a few times, and they send out a new camera, but the issue persists. They said it was the WiFi but there is no issue with that. ![image|231x500](upload://qSrykQTIJLr3xK9imOPVa80hvh7.jpeg)

16-05-2023 07:58:31

T
I tried that also. I spoke with technical support today. Apparently, this is a known issue and they are working on a solution with no date when a correction will be available.

09-06-2023 11:05:03

U

Is this an actual power issue or a problem with the camera or a false warning? I’ve see a “stopped receiving power” message in the ring app for two weeks for my wired connection, but it keeps running. I would be surprised if the batteries have lasted two weeks.

21-07-2024 12:41:45

U
Same problem. After every rain on all cameras we getting the note Camera stopped receiving power. Support telling me power outlets may be bad. Should i replace may house and garage wiring, i guess easier to swich ring cameras to other brand .

07-07-2023 05:10:23

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-08-2023 05:10:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User