Cable extension for mailbox sensor?

Does anyone know the technical specs of the cable for the mailbox sensor antenna?

My mailbox sensor always has a poor signal strength to the bridge.

I’m thinking this may be because the antenna is mounted perpendicular to the bridge (i.e., it’s not facing the bridge, rather 90 degrees off).

If I could get another 6 inches on the cable, I could mount the antenna on the back of the mailbox so that it’s facing the bridge.

Thanks!

david

2 Likes

Hi @fallingrock. There is not an extension available for the antenna on the Mailbox Sensor. You are correct, making the antenna face the direction of the Ring Bridge will give you optimal signal. If possible, I would try to remount your Mailbox Sensor. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I understand if Ring doesn’t sell an extension cable, but what is the technical designation of the cable? Maybe I can get something at a local hardware store or electronics store?

1 Like

I have this question too!
Small antenna extension cables are commonly available but come in different sizes.

What is the designation or code for the size of cable used for the mailbox antenna, please?

2 Likes

I have the same problem, just need a few more inches to make the mailbox sensor work much better.

2 Likes

I need an extension for the external antenna. Why hasn’t ring replied to this? The whole purpose of the external sensor is to properly mount the antenna towards the bridge. You can’t have more than one bridge so only option is to properly mount antenna. So ring needs to do right by customer and give more length for external mailbox sensor and provide the abilitly for more than one bridge as I have an acre of property and weak signals because of such. Let’s go Ring! This is a pretty easy problem to solve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.