Brightness / Contrast and exposure adjustment settings

The Ring Peephole Cam (bad name) handles over-exposed scenes or rapid contrast / brightness changes very badly. A simple adjustment setting via the app would likely solve this major issue.

See this page:

I’m sure I’m not the first, but I’m suffering from blown out video with my Doorbell Wired. Previous versions I had a lovely blue sky and now that is completely washed out along with anything that is moving (trucks, people) in the street when the sun is up. My Doorbell has an awning over one portion that may be causing the camera to iris open too much. That said, there is no ability for me to adjust the brightness and contrast in the app. Please Ring, give us the ability to control the brightness and contrast within the Ring app. Without it, the security it is supposed to provide is very limited since I can’t see a lot of the activity in the video, it washed out. Example attached showing how the image is blown out.

+1
Was fine until recent update

I have the Ring Spotlight cam. Is there not a way to adjust the brightness of the camera itself?
We have the camera installed on a covered porch. Everything from end of the porch onward is so bright you can’t even see it, Rendering the camera pretty useless for anything beyond the porch :frowning:
This is actually a very cloudy day. There is little to no sun at all. You can almost make out the front end of the truck. I need to be able to see this area in front of the porch. Thanks

I wholeheartedly concur!
I’ve hated this thing from the start given the inability to stop traffic from setting it off to the incompatibility with my actual doorbell chime.
The need to go out and purchase a transformer plus other parts is pure garbage, total laziness on Ring’s part.

Last Ring product I’ll ever buy, unless they make them actually useable by modern homes

Do you work for Ring?

Same issue with the Spotlight Cam. Please add this to the settings.

IT’S TIME to visit your research and development dept and discuss including a “CONTRAST” and “BRITENESS” SETTINGS in your devices . I already know you have had NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS about this problem . Time to put it into action and make it happen .

I don’t understand how it’s taking so long to address this shortcoming. My doorbell faces south and has a high overhang, so LOTS of sky. To make the camera able to identify people it MUST be given a simple brightness/contrast adjustment. You know, the kind that’s in EVERY SECURITY CAMERA I’VE EVER SEEN EXCEPT THIS ONE.

Want to over-achieve? Tie the control to morning/afternoon/night time segments and automatically switch between them based on sunrise/sunset info.

But seriously: add the control. You look awful taking so long on this.