Brand New Customer with Terrible Customer Service Experience (TWICE!)

Today was my 2nd interaction with a member of Ring’s online customer service chat service. Both of the interactions flew in the face of any kind of customer service standards that one would expect in this day and age.

I ordered almost $600 worth of products on the 20th of May with expedited shipping. They arrived late and, in fact, I am still waiting on my wireless video doorbell to arrive (it is now 28 May.)

• During my 1st interaction with an agent, he took almost 4 mins to respond when I provided my name after he asked

• After providing him an explanation of why I was frustrated, he decided to argue with me what a ‘business day’ means (I am well aware that Saturday and Sunday are not business days…

• He never apologized once for the inconvenience and refused to admit that my order was late

• Now, almost a week after I ordered my items, my wireless doorbell still isn’t here. I then spoke to another agent this afternoon

• This agent finally apologized for the delay, but then stated that they would have to forward my request to the shipping department for them to provide a solution and investigate.

• When I asked what Ring was going to do to help rectify the inconvenience, I was told that there was nothing they could do and that the shipping team would provide me with options

• When I asked when I could expect to hear back from the shipping department, they said they had no idea.

• So this agent provided me with absolutely no solutions and provided no expectations on my part

I am a brand new customer, who just spent almost $600 on Ring.com (in addition to a $200 kit I bought from Costco), and have been considering the monthly protection program. However, if this is the level of standards for customer service that Ring has, I am absolutely terrified what the customer service will be for the monitoring service.

The 1st interaction a new customer has with your customer service team is the most crucial because it level-sets their experience with your products and your company. I provided after-chat feedback twice and no one from the customer service team has reached out to apologize for the bad interaction.

Get it together, guys.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Many here have experienced less than satisfactory phone support. It can depend on who actually picks up the call. I too have been disapointed - you are promised a call back, or email, that never comes; the reception is terrible with incredible amounts of background noise; agents don’t seem to know answers to basic questions in general; etc. I do know it didn’t used to be this way prior to the Amazon acquisition.

I think many have come here in part because of this. The moderators here are pretty helpful, and other users have helped me out with answers/solutions so I try to do my part in return for others.

I would suggest calling back and asking for a Level 2 agent.

You wrote a well-thought out message here about your frustrations as a new user that the company might like to hear, as opposed to expressing it to off-shore support centers. Their mailing address is below. I wrote a letter and actually got a response.

1523 26th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404-3507

This is not the experience we intend for our neighbors, @Dal1866. Sorry to hear about this happening. Our support team is especially trained to provide exemplary service and be solutions driven. As @trail-explorer mentioned, requesting escalation to the appropriate team will allow for the quickest resolution. Your feedback is always valued, and we will certainly share this with our teams here. Contacting our support team will also ensure your feedback is delivered directly to the appropriate team, in reference to your shipping concerns.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you.

2 hours into setting up this stupid device. Worst ever product and support.

2 Likes

This is exactly what i am now going through… Really robotic customer service. Doesn’t care and whatever. I have been 30 mins with him and reset the outdoor camera with no live view. Keep circle back and forth with the hard setting up… i know already he is not the person helping me, I hung up and call again. He answer the phone again. I asked for supervisor and he is supervisor. ahah. I can only laugh on the phone, saying that i would call back tomorrow morning.

what a jerk to be in customer support… I am so disappointed with this experience. I am not sure to tell me circle to use Ring.

Pacific Time : 4:32 pm Feb 3, 2024
I hope ring can really step up the game with tech support