Brand new camera from Ring, setup claims its already registered to someone else

I’ve just bought an alarm & camera kit from Ring. The alarm has set up fine but when trying to set up the indoor cam the app tells me that it is already registered to another user. According to the help page there should be a way to clear this in the app but I cannot see it - just a link to the help subject.

I had the same problem. In the end I went back and did the set up without using the QR code. It apparently is possible.

Call Ring.com customer service and they can do a reset for you.

Strange - having tried half a dozen times last evening, I thought I’d give it one more go this morning before calling customer service and it worked first time. Perhaps my attempts last night caused some reset back at Ring HQ?

Hi there, neighbors! This should not happen, but might also vary by seller or purchase condition. When you purchase a Ring device from Ring.com, it should always come new. If you have purchased a device from another seller or previous owner, please follow our Change of Ownership process.

As @Maggiemay shared above, our support team can certainly assist further if needed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.