Birds Eye View - unable to find house

Anyone else feel scammed by the birds eye view feature compared to the advertisement for the Doorbell Pro 2?

I didnt expect perfect but i at least expected to be able to identify my home. This is a joke right? Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi @JOSEF. You can re-set up the map and choose Vector by tapping the icon in the upper right when you are defining the house or the device placement. You can find more information and steps in our Help Center Article here. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn. Birds eye view isn’t exactly advertised as using a vector map though is it? Compared to the advert showing perfectly clear satellite images https://youtu.be/Yfsm3MvYDWU

If we could use a different map provider I might stand a chance of using a satellite image like you are supposed to. This taken from Google

Ring is using the mapbox API, which is used by a TON of companies to provide mapping services to their applications. mapbox gets satellite images from a number of places, but they aren’t perfect 100% of the time. If you click on the little “i” icon in the lower right corner of the Bird’s Eye View window, then click “Improve This Map”, you can submit the issue to mapbox and they review those requests to fix the maps.

I navigated and zoomed in and out what I’d gauge as a 50 mile radius of the satellite map of my area. All of it as blurry as my original pics. Mapbox just isn’t suitable for the UK compared to Google. Submitted a request but that will fall on deaf ears no doubt

I have no interest in this feature and haven’t even turned it on however I agree that for the UK Mapbox is not a good choice. The examples above illustrate that and I think its the same for most of the UK. Not sure what it performs like in the USA?

For me, it’s advertised as having it, so I want it to work. It’d be handy for me. Can distinguish quickly if someone has hopped the fence infront of ours etc.

Looking at some USA reviews they seem to have good satellite images, similar to the quality of the Google one I uploaded. Not really a surprise the US get better treat, they get Alexa Greetings as well and we don’t yet

I am in the US and mine has a very clear map.

Any further replies @Caitlyn_Ring please? Given US have clear satellite images and I don’t in the UK.