Bell box buzzing

Fitted a Ring Pro directly onto my existing doorbell wires, everything works fine and says voltage is good.
The bell box inside is constantly buzzing though. Having searched for a solution I’m none the wiser. Need to know if its safe firstly and then how to eliminate the noise. Thanks

Hi @Trigger74. Do you have the Pro Power Kit installed? It’s the small white box that came with your Doorbell, which needs to be installed on your home’s internal chime kit. I’d recommend referencing our Help Center Article here to ensure the Pro Power Kit and the Doorbell are installed correctly. If everything looks good but you’re still hearing the buzzing noise, it may be best for you to follow up with our support team directly so they can take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Is this the white box with bell bypass on it? I assumed this would bypass the chime which we want to keep working.

@Trigger74 Yes, that is correct. Since most doorbells in Europe are designed to work with 12VAC transformers, your existing doorbell will no longer work properly once the 24VAC transformer has been installed. That issue is addressed by installing the Pro Power Kit V2, which is designed to bypass your existing doorbell. You should always install the Pro Power Kit V2, as it provides protection for your Doorbell and transformer to ensure nothing is damaged. If the Pro Power Kit is installed, and your existing doorbell chime kit is compatible with the Doorbell Pro, I’d suggest following up with our support team so they can take a look to see what could be causing this buzzing.

I haven’t been sent or installed a transformer, all I did was replace the old doorbell button with the pro. Are you saying I now need a transformer as well?

@Trigger74 Sorry for any confusion, but there would already be a transformer in your home as it is part of the existing doorbell circuit you have. You may want to touch base with our support team on this concern, as they’ll be able to take a deeper look for you and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps than we can offer here. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.