Battery stuck -- cannot remove from spotlight camera!

I can’t get the battery out of my spotlight camera. It was difficult to remove during setup, but now that it is mounted and requires getting on a ladder to access it, it is impossible.

Is there some trick to getting the battery out?

Hi @Smith-Altadena! The quick release battery pack should easily slide out of your Ring device. If you are seeing the metal tab, or latch release on the battery, try pressing it in slightly to pull out the battery. If your device is already mounted and requires a ladder to reach, I recommend un-mounting the Camera and testing the best method or leverage to remove this battery from your device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Not great. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

This answer is horrible. This is happening to me, also.

Of course, it should slide out but it doesn’t. The question is “what do I do if when I press the quick release, it doesn’t release?”

2 Likes

Hi there, @sara772779! The quick release hatch should work combined with pulling force. Try wiggling the battery just a little bit to see if this will allow it to begin sliding out easier. Ensuring the battery hatch is clear of any debris is a great way of preventing it getting stuck. If you are experiencing a battery that will not release from the hatch, even after dismounting the Camera, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

These copy and paste answers are horrible. The problem is the push tab is not working! The battery is totally stuck and jammed into my peephole camera. When i installed it i only pushed until i heard a click and it turned on. Now, to remove it, its completely stuck into the ring. Even when i push the tap and try to remove it.

Hello, I hope it is not too late. I found the way! use a USB end as a lever against the metallic part and press. The battery gets stuck because, last time mounting the camera, the camera has been tuned too many times around the mounting screw.

1 Like

I just tried to change my battery for the first time and noted it was stuck also. I was able to remove the battery after loosening the screws under the faceplate holding the unit in place. That relieved some of the pressure wedging the battery in place and allowed for removal while pressing the metal “Push” lever and wiggling it back and forth. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem!

2 Likes

Yes @jmoore , you are right! :+1:

Often when people install their Ring devices, they want it to be secured and tend to really crank those mounting screws too tight. Especially if your mounting surface is slightly uneven, going “gorilla tight” on those screws can easily warp or twist the Ring device’s plastic casing which then makes the battery bind and get stuck.

As you said @jmoore , sometimes simply loosing the mounting screws is all it takes to unwarp the casing! Thanks for sharing! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi neighbors. The Quick Release Battery Pack is designed to be easily removed from your Ring device. Pressing the metal tab should allow you to pull the battery out of your Ring device. If you’re not able to do so, remove your Ring device from where it is mounted and then try to slide the battery out again. Sometimes the mounting screws have been screwed in so tightly, that it adds extra pressure on the Ring device which can make it harder to remove the battery.

If that still doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further direction. Trying to force the battery out could damage your Ring device or potentially cause harm, so it’s best to follow up with our support team if the troubleshooting steps suggested don’t work. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.