Battery stuck -- cannot remove from spotlight camera!

I can’t get the battery out of my spotlight camera. It was difficult to remove during setup, but now that it is mounted and requires getting on a ladder to access it, it is impossible.

Is there some trick to getting the battery out?

Hi @Smith-Altadena! The quick release battery pack should easily slide out of your Ring device. If you are seeing the metal tab, or latch release on the battery, try pressing it in slightly to pull out the battery. If your device is already mounted and requires a ladder to reach, I recommend un-mounting the Camera and testing the best method or leverage to remove this battery from your device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Not great. Thanks for responding.

This answer is horrible. This is happening to me, also.

Of course, it should slide out but it doesn’t. The question is “what do I do if when I press the quick release, it doesn’t release?”

Hi there, @sara772779! The quick release hatch should work combined with pulling force. Try wiggling the battery just a little bit to see if this will allow it to begin sliding out easier. Ensuring the battery hatch is clear of any debris is a great way of preventing it getting stuck. If you are experiencing a battery that will not release from the hatch, even after dismounting the Camera, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.