Battery draining too quick

I’ve had my ring for 4 years or so. Lately the battery has been going down. Today it’s at 8%. It’s hard wired and my thought was if it’s wired why is the battery drained until I started reading!!! Makes no sense to me why now after 4 years do I have to charge it???

Hi @Lisajean. As @SolarEclipse mentioned, you may need a new battery for your Doorbell. Although you have wired it into your doorbell circuit, the Doorbell is still powered by the battery and hardwiring it provides a trickle charge each day to help keep the battery topped off. If you notice the battery not holding a charge, there are a few different troubleshooting steps you can try.

First, try fully charging the battery for about 8-10 hours using the provided charging cable in a standard power outlet. After the battery is fully charged, insert it back into the Doorbell and monitor the battery to see how it lasts. If you see the battery discharge around the same rate, then I would recommend also fully resetting your Doorbell. You can do this by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set the Doorbell back up in the Ring App.

If the battery is still discharging quickly after these steps, you can also reach out to our support team to see if they have any additional recommendations. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: